Full Time, Permanent
The Art Director (AD) is the creative lead for Honest Agency, responsible for championing our clients’ brands as well as our own. The AD is responsible for developing original creative concepts and approaches, overseeing multiple projects through execution, and oversees Honest Agency’s design team.
The AD inspires collaboration and teamwork, creating a welcoming environment for relevant and creative business solutions. They are also responsible for managing the client relationship for all things creative. They are a senior-level client contact and an experienced presenter. The AD is typically the creative lead for the agency.
In this role, the AD ensures that the agency provides:
- Sound and responsible marketing counseling and planning.
- Conceptual creation of ideas, integrating all areas of communication, branding and digital media.
- Proper and innovative execution of work in all areas on schedule.
- The delivery of a consistently superior creative product.
- Innovative solutions and experiences.
Art Director – Responsibilities, Duties and Tasks
The successful candidate will be responsible for helping plan, analyze and evaluate creative initiatives (brands, campaigns, etc) and will work closely with the Partners, Account Manager and the creative team to execute the highest level of creative and strategic products and services possible.
The AD will act as the creative lead on most projects directing designers, writers and other creative personnel and acting as the creative liaison with clients. They will ensure all projects are executed efficiently, effectively and on time and will be responsible for ensuring the creative is on target and on brand. The AD will also be responsible for contributing to the corporate culture of the agency, fostering a collaborative, fun and casual work environment while focusing on continuous improvement and outstanding quality.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a Graphic Design diploma or degree from a recognized post secondary institution
- Have worked in an agency environment for at least 4 years as Senior Graphic Designer or Art Director
- Have extensive experience leading projects through from idea to execution
- Have experience presenting ideas and concepts to clients
- Have a compelling and persuasive communication style
- Have an excellent creative aesthetic and understanding of brand theory
- Be able to manage a team of creatives and work effectively with the accounts team
- Be an excellent listener, able to interpret clients’ needs and direction effectively
Salary and Benefits
Honest Agency has a competitive salary, bonus structure, benefits plan and corporate culture. Compensation will be commensurate with the successful candidates experience.
Email your resumé and portfolio by clicking the link below by October 5, 2018