Full Time, Permanent
Our Communications Coordinator provides writing, social media and project coordination support to ensure the effective execution of customer objectives in public relations, marketing, and advertising campaigns, under the supervision of the Account Manager (AM).
The Communications Coordinator is a disciplined and creative writer and editor who is responsible for finished copy for all assigned projects. They often work as part of the creative team to achieve the client’s objectives through effective key messages and creative concepts. The Communications Coordinator helps to determine tone, style, structure and voice of content, based on available space, knowledge of editorial principles, aesthetic sense and brand considerations.
They understand social media as a marketing and branding tool and can create digital strategies involving different platforms effectively. They are familiar with social media management tools and their alignment with digital advertising. They are able write posts for different platforms, as well as blogging and inbound content for clients and Honest.
They understand PR and earned media, are able to write news releases and invitations to media, support the planning and coordination of news conferences and other client events.
The Communication Coordinator assists the Account Manager as required to meet the objectives of clients, including opening dockets, gathering specs/reference files and content, proofing changes and closing dockets
This person is:
- A team player
- Hard working
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Excellent writer
- Understands branding
- Is client-oriented
- Attentive to detail
- High achiever, go getter
- Diploma in Creative Communications at Red River College
- Interest in and aptitude for creative business with strong organizational skills
- Strategic communication skills
- Strong knowledge of writing for all applications
- Understanding software and best practices for Google ADwords, social media platforms, WordPress, Mailchimp or other distribution software
- Great time management abilities, detail-oriented
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- The ability to work on multiple projects
- Understanding of the design process
- Self motivated and willing to expand knowledge
- Ability to self-manage while assisting assigned teams and projects
- Creative problem solving skills
Salary and Benefits
Honest Agency has a competitive salary, bonus structure, benefits plan and corporate culture. Compensation will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience.
Email your resumé and three writing samples, including marketing copy and editorial content, by Oct 5, 2018